Monday 16 April 2012

200 Posts


My last posting, on painting with feathers, was No. 200 of this blog. I thought I'd mark the occasion by highlighting some of my own favorite postings, postings that you may have overlooked.


Thomas Jefferson's Tromp l'Oeil was a posting about an aesthetic problem that Thomas Jefferson faced as he was building Monticello, and how he cleverly solved it. See it here.


Pack Rat, The Grand Aquisitor was a posting about the actual animal and his quirky habits. He inspired me to do several paintings. See it here.

J. P. Morgan Meets the Duveens was a posting detailing how Morgan decided to test an art dealer, and how he got the surprise of his life! See it here.



George Washington's Left Eye was a posting about a little experiment I did on Gilbert Stuart portraits of George Washington. The computer allowed me to come to an interesting conclusion. See it here.


Lunch With Rosie the Riveter's Father was a posting about an interesting man who regaled me through many enjoyable lunch hours. See it here.

I hope you enjoy,
while I work on No. 202!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment