Tuesday 1 January 2013

Chocolate Candy as High Art


Last year, good friends gifted me with a box of William Dean Chocolate, made exclusively in Belleair Bluffs, Florida. The first thing that got my attention was the cloth-covered box that closed magnetically. Then I opened the box.

Oh, my!

This past Christmas, my brother gifted his wife with a box of William Dean Chocolate, and I couldn't resist photographing the selection to share with you.

Left to right from the top: Lemongrass, Hazelnut, Passion Fruit, Pistachio, Coffee Caramel and one flavor I can't identify. Perhaps it's a Christmas creation.

Left to right from the top: Salted Caramel, Crème Brulee, PB&J, Dulce de Leche, Lavender and Mint Pie.

Left to right from the top: Key Lime, Apple Pie, Cappuccino, Amaretto, Grand Marnier and Biscotti.

Incidentally, though William Dean Chocolate is a local company, there's been a recent uptick in its sales because it was featured prominently in The Hunger Games. The selection is so beautiful that one is tempted to just look at it for several days. I should stress that I am not being remunerated for this posting, though if I were, I'd certainly opt to be paid in chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment