Friday 8 July 2011

Greek Keys No. 4


I had to laugh at myself when I saw this Greek key on the floor of the Tampa International Airport. I kept wanting to find a repeating pattern, but there is none! It's completely irregular.


I was in New York City and saw this place setting at the Jonathan Adler store, on Madison Avenue.


As a graphic designer, I'm attracted to the key of this Tory Burch storefront, which is simply his initial repeated. It's a design solution reminiscent of the great English designer, David Hicks.


Photo by Van Chaplin  |  Southern Living
The border design of the linens used by designer Randy Powers is the same concept of repeating "T"s.


Here I've recreated tile work I noticed at the entrance to a store in Sarasota, Florida. It could easily be from Pompeii.


And this is a detail of a Pompeian fresco.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment